Avocent Universal Management Gateway
Infrastructure Management Appliance
The Avocent® Universal Management Gateway appliance is the first converged management appliance that enables customers to remotely manage any device, in any location, from any vendor, at any time in a secure, centralized manner. Exclusively, the appliance uses proven technology to deliver a single, unified approach for data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
The appliance integrates Digital KVM, Serial Console, Service Processor and Environmental Management in a single U platform, enabling customers to experience complete data center access and monitoring.
Secure Centralized Remote Management
The Avocent® Universal Management Gateway appliance converges Avocent access and control technologies into a single platform, creating a simplified way to manage IT assets (compute, network and storage), regardless of vendor or operating system, regardless of technology. When used in combination with the Avocent DSView™ management software, data centers gain a total solution for secure access and control of any supported physical or virtual asset. Built-in auto-sensing and auto-discovery features provide the flexibility needed for data centers to consolidate tools and operate with optimal efficiency.
The Avocent® Universal Management Gateway appliance is the next generation data center management appliance, enabling holistic visibility of the data center.Real-Time Data Collection in the DCIM Environment.
The Avocent® Universal Management Gateway appliance provides a path to the Trellis™ platform, Vertiv’s revolutionary solution for DCIM. Deployed locally or remotely, the appliance enables both real-time data collection and closed-loop control over IT and facilities equipment.
- Comprehensive DCIM platform in a single pane of glass
- Convenient single U chassis – reduced rack space and footprint
- Complete connectivity (IPMI, SNMP, OPC, Modbus, BACnet, Velocity)
- Physical sensor aggregation
- Easy installation across various remote access technologies
- Up to 40 simultaneous KVM sessions
- Up to 1024 service processors; wide variety of servers managed
- Up to 40 full auto-sensing ports
- KVM and SPM capability per port (using the UMIQ-V2)
- Data collection – up to 10,000 data points per minute
- Real-time information across IT and facilities
BROCHURES AND DATA SHEETS
- Avocent Universal Management Gateway
- HP & UMG Solution Brief
- Dell & UMG Solution Brief
- Service Processor Management: With Power Comes Responsibility
- Three Key Values of Consolidated Infrastructure Management Solution Brief
- Avocent KVM Adapter Compatibility Matrix
- Avocent Management Appliance Comparison
- Data Center Infrastructure Solutions-Channel Products Catalog